Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm thankful for this book!

Before Thanksgiving, the Trinity community was asked to tell the Librarians which books they were thankful for. One entry was chosen to receive a Borders' gift card. The Librarians then selected books from the nominations to add to the Library collection. Some of the nominees were:

The Stranger by Albert Camus
It was the most mind altering book I ever read even though it was such a simple read...
- Kristin
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
I love The Kite Runner because it not only made me emotional, but left me asking for more. This book taught me about the Islamic religion and also family bonds.
- Anupama
It gave me insight on another culture's struggles and triumphs.
- Carina
Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian

It's so funny and sweet! The plot is really interesting and Kate Brian writes amazing books!

- Kamaria

The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin, Nicola Kraus

...The authors write with a witty style that enhanced the main character's personality....made it a funny and enjoyable book.

- Sophie


A Corner of the Universe by Ann Martin
...a sad but amazing and inspirational book. One of the
characters, Adam, is someone with special needs..his tory along with the effect
of his presence on others is truly inspirational.
- Julie
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
It taught me so much about the role women play in the Middle
East. The relationships portrayed in this book were beautiful. I finished it in
two days.
- Bitta
Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce
This series tells the classic story of a girl proving her worth
with men but it has a very interesting plot that makes it enjoyable.
- Mary
Twilight (series) by Stephenie Meyer

It's the best romance I've ever read. It's enthralling, suspenseful and full of action. It's a book I could read over and over. I can't put it down.
- Monique

I love the story of Bella and Edward's romance and read all four
books, but I liked Twilight the best.
- Dr. B.

(Eclipse is) the most exciting in the Twilight
series and has a very full plot. It's read for reasons besides having a
movie.
- Anon